DDRS North West – Course Booking Terms and Conditions
Our Terms and Conditions are here to give you clear information on our booking process. If at any time you cannot comply with them please inform us on 01772 282800 immediately and we will help wherever we can.
We provide a very competitively priced DDRS course but the cut off times for payments have been set as we incur costs to administer the DDRS process, book venues, trainers and course material based on bookings. These costs cannot be passed on to other delegates or recovered elsewhere.
Please ensure you have read, understood and accepted these Terms and Conditions before you make your course booking.
Booking – Terms and Conditions
- The course must be completed by the date indicated on your court referral. This will normally be two months before the end of your reduced period of disqualification. This time limit cannot be extended. You are strongly advised to arrange to complete your course as soon as possible.
- If you do not book in sufficient time to complete the course by the date notified on your court referral you will be issued with a Notice of Non-Completion.
- Course places will normally be booked using our website on-line payment facility. Most debit/credit cards are acceptable using our WorldPay and PayPal facility.
You can also book by telephone and card payment details will be obtained.
Payment by cheque is acceptable. Cheques should be made out to ‘DDRS North West Ltd.’ In the event of a cheque not clearing a £35 administration fee will be levied and any remaining fees settled using a debit/credit card.
- We will correspond with you by your preferred choice of letter, e-mail or text. However it is your responsibility to check for delivery and inform us promptly on 01772 282800 if expected information does not arrive prior to the course.
- There is a 14 day cooling off period during which time any booking that is cancelled will be refunded in full. Following this 14 day period payments will not be refunded. No refund will be given for bookings made within 7 days of a course commencing.
- Full payment/balances must be made 10 working days before commencement of the course. If payment is not made before this time you will not be allowed to attend unless by prior agreement.
- Bookings, once made, are not transferable or refundable. We will endeavour, wherever possible, to arrange for a substitute course date subject to completion by the date notified on your court referral. However this is dependent on a place being available. Documentary evidence of the circumstances will be required and a £30 administration fee will be charged.
- Joining instructions, course outline, venue details and a location map will be issued with your booking confirmation letter. If you have not received your joining instructions two weeks prior to the start of your training course, please call 01772 282800.
- A concessionary rate of £110 is available for delegates who are in receipt of Employment Support Allowance, pension credits, income support, carers allowance and jobseekers allowance. The concessionary rate is also available for students in full time education. Documentary evidence will need to be submitted to obtain the reduced rate.
- If you have any specific requirements please tell us when you book the course. We will seek to make any reasonable adjustments to assist you to complete the course. You can provide, at your own expense, interpreters or sign language interpreters but we will need to know in advance.
- DDRS North West may, in rare circumstances, have to cancel the delivery of a course. If this happens we will make every effort to contact you as soon as possible. We will also make every effort to arrange for you to attend a replacement course. If this is not possible we will issue you a full refund.
For each course to be successful it requires all delegates to arrive promptly, attend each session in order, participate fully in the course and have respect for all other delegates and the trainer at all times.
The following T&C’s are issued to ensure all delegates have the opportunity contribute fully to and gain the utmost from the course.
Course – Conduct and Attendance Terms and Conditions
To be issued with a Certificate of Completion you must
- Arrive at the venue at least 10 minutes prior to the first session, return promptly after each break, stay for the whole day and complete each day in order in their entirety. Failure to do so will result in a Notice of Non Completion being issued.
- Provide personal photo identification when you attend the course.
Acceptable identification is a valid passport, rail card, student card or any official photo identification document. If you are unable to produce one of these two other official documents showing your name and address will be acceptable.
Should you fail to provide satisfactory proof of identity you will not be issued with a Certificate of Completion.
- Any attempt by another person to attend in your place will result in the issue of a Notice of Non Completion.
- If whilst attending the course you appear to be, in the opinion of the trainer, under the influence of drink or drugs you will be asked to leave the course. In these circumstances a Notice of Non-Completion will be issued.
- If you fail to take part satisfactorily or are disruptive in any way you may be asked to leave. In these circumstances a Notice of Non-Completion will be issued.
- Not use mobile communication devices – they are not permitted and are to be switched off during course delivery.
- Satisfactory complete on the course will depend on your attendance and conduct. It will be the sole decision of the trainer if you have completed the course.
- In exceptional circumstances we may be able to arrange for you to attend a session on another of our arranged courses. However this is dependent on a place being available. Documentary evidence of the circumstances will be required and a £30 administration fee will be charged.
- Not drive. Disqualified drivers caught driving to or from the courses will be excluded from the course and reported to the police, then issued with a Notice of Non Completion.
We are committed to providing a high-quality service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint prior to or following your course please contact the DDRS Manager with the details by calling 01772 282800 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a complaint that arises during a course you are attending please bring this to the attention of the course trainer at the earliest opportunity.
If you feel that you are not able to do this please contact the DDRS Manager, as above, with the details.
What will happen next?
1. Some complaints can be resolved quickly and informally, to the complainant’s satisfaction, without invoking a formal process. If this is the case we will record your complaint, note the brief details and the agreed outcome.
2. If your complaint cannot be informally resolved we will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
3. We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve the DDRS North West Manager reviewing the circumstances, undertaking an investigation and speaking to those involved.
4. If it is not appropriate for the DDRS Manager to become involved another Director from DDRS North West will undertake the investigation and review.
5. We will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. We will do this within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
6. Within three days of the meeting, we will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions we have agreed with you.
7. If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible to attend, we will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including our suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
8. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for another director to review the decision.
9. We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
10. If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the DVSA Drink-drive rehabilitation course complaints by e-mailing email@example.com