GDPR – Fair Processing Notice
DDRS North West are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This notice explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
By accepting the offer of a Drink Drive Rehabilitation Course and selecting DDRS North West as your preferred provider you accept to be bound by this policy.
Any questions regarding this policy and our privacy practices, to check the accuracy or to request a copy of your data should be made for the attention of the DDRS North West Manager,
- email – email@example.com
- Mail – DDRS North West, Unit 8G. Lockside Office Park, Lockside Road, Preston PR2 2YS.
- Telephone – 01772 282800
How do we collect information from you?
By accepting the offer of a Drink Drive Rehabilitation Course and selecting DDRS North West as your preferred provider, HM Courts send us relevant details of your drink driving conviction that enable DDRS North West to contact you and arrange your DDRS course.
We may collect additional data from you when you contact us, either on the telephone or via email.
What type of additional information is collected from you?
- Updated contact details including home address, email address and mobile/home telephone numbers
- Payment details when you book a course – these details are not retained
How is your information used?
We will use your information to,
- Contact you to provide you with information on and changes to DDRS Course that we provide
- Complete a DDRS Certificate of Completion or a DDRS Notice of Non-Completion and return them to the issuing court;
- Provide you with copies of the above certificate or notice;
- We will contact you after the course to obtain your views on trainer and course delivery;
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information, for example data about your DDRS course attendance/non-attendance, to fulfil our statutory obligations, for up to seven years.
Who has access to your information?
Employees of DDRS North West for the above purposes can access and change your data. The DVSA/JAUPT may also view your data for course and administrative audit purposes.
How you can access and update your information?
The accuracy of your information is important to us. You have the right to request access to the data we hold on you, ask for a copy of this information or request that the information we hold is rectified or erased. Please contact the DDRS North West Manager by the methods listed above.
How do I complain to the regulator?
If you would like to complain about the way we handle data please visit: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/